Lectus

Lectus

Iscariot
Tosca Lee
Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)
C.J. Roberts

Sinners and the Sea: The Untold Story of Noah's Wife

The Sinners and the Sea: The Untold Story of Noah's Wife - Rebecca Kanner Via http://onlectus.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-sinners-and-sea-untold-story-of.htmlIt started good but I lost interest when Noah was introduced. I don't know if he changed later on (because I couldn't finish the book) but at the beginning Noah was a very unlikable character. I know the story is not about him, but still. I doubt any fearful men of "the God of Adam" would treat their wife as a mating tool. And Noah was dirty, with claws? Okay, long fingernails. Eeeooohhh! She made him sound demented! Which we all know he was not because at the end it rained, didn't it? I found very little biblical context in the story. I know is fiction, but the liberties taken with the story just ruined it for those who have a decent amount biblical knowledge. Some things left me hanging. For instance, the wedding; or should I say the lack of it? Noah goes into... the girl's tent to bring her with him, and that is that. Was marriage just like that? As in, "come now, we have to get going." I didn't expect a celebration but a little explanation, maybe?I usually enjoy the dialogue and writing style found in The Sinners and the Sea, but for some inexplicable reason I got bored.Bored of the "wife" passiveness and the kind of nothingness that was going on.As I said before, maybe everything changed later in the book, but it didn't keep me interested to find out.Biblical fiction? Barely. I loved The Red Tent which this book is compared to. Not a chance. The Sinners and the Sea lacks research, development and depth.If you'd like to read good biblical fiction read Francine Rivers instead.