Lectus

Lectus

Iscariot
Tosca Lee
Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)
C.J. Roberts

The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die

The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die - April Henry via http://onlectus.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-girl-who-was-supposed-to-die-by.htmlI picked The girl who was supposed to die because I love Henry’s previous book, The night she disappeared. Sadly, I didn’t like this one as much as I loved the other.In The girl who was supposed to die, we meet a girl who wakes up with no memory of who she is, where she is, or why she just heard a voice ordering to have her killed.Just my kind of story! The book picks up fast and it keeps getting better and better. It is when we found out who this girl is, and why people want her dead, that it all goes down the toilet.I rate the second half of the book as total, unbelievable 'romantic-mystery teen crap.' You know what I mean? Like those simple romantic books that throw a little senseless mystery in to have an excuse for a girl and a boy to meet? I did like the minimal cliffhangers. That is, I didn’t have to nervously bite my nails wondering when something would be explained (other than the girl’s true identity), because things always unfolded in the next chapter. For once, the male character wasn’t described as the handsome, take-me-now type. Thus, I was surprised when, after Henry less than favorable description of him, he tagged along. For so much depth and fine execution put into the beginning of the book, I just wonder what happened to Henry to change the quality of the story towards the end. Even more, I felt as if two different authors had written the book! Henry, the beginning, and some else the second half.