Lectus

Lectus

Iscariot
Tosca Lee
Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)
C.J. Roberts

Strangelets

Strangelets - Michelle Gagnon Via http://onlectus.blogspot.com/2013/08/strangelets-by-michelle-gagnon.html I am sad not be able to join the sea of good reviews that Strangelets is receiving :-(I found the story to be annoying, dragging and boring!The concept of a couple of unrelated teenagers who were about to die traveling thru a black hole to meet in another place/world was… interesting, at first. I became tired of the constant introductions: “who are you? Why are we here? Why are you doing this to me? Where are we?” I also grew bored of the sense of danger that never amount to anything: “what was that noise? Did you hear that? Wait! I saw a shadow! Oh my god! Oh my god! What was that thing?” That kind of suspense didn’t work for me. It reminded me of The Darkling by R.B. Chesterton were things wanted to happen but never did. Strangelet was moving too slow trying to generate suspense, and then the end became abruptly. - The different POV were all about the same.- The dialogue kept repeating itself. - The diary/journal part was… what was that really? Why was that even there?- Monsters/creatures were trying to eat them and that was that. They were there because… well, an empty world wouldn’t had been fun, I guess. - The explanation time traveling was okay; quantum physics can never go wrong! But the ending… the ending people!*****Spoil alert: stop reading if you don’t want to know how this book ends *******After all they go through in this other world, a simple push of a button on a freaking machine sends them back to the present. Really, that’s IT? Sophie: She wakes up back in the hospital , but she is no longer dying. Her cancer was cured (god only knows how or why). Immediately after waking up, she logs on to FB (wasn’t she unable to do anything but breath for months? How come she has an active FB account?). Anyway, she logs on to FB to find her now boyfriend Declan. Alas! He is online. They make sure they each made it back from the other world fine. Declan: He wakes up in his bedroom at home and that is that. No mention or remorse of the girlfriend he has (his real girlfriend in the present who is NOT Sophie). Despite being with said girlfriend for a year, and stealing in order to have money to buy her a birthday present, Declan quickly forgot about her when he met Sophie. Oh! I’m sorry; I almost forgot that a book without insta love does not sell….The inside flap of the book says: “Each teen harbors a secret, but only one holds the key that could get them home.” Total deceiving crap! What secrets were those? What was the key to get back home? None, none, and none.