Lectus

Lectus

Iscariot
Tosca Lee
Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)
C.J. Roberts

17 & Gone

17 & Gone - Nova Ren Suma Via http://onlectus.blogspot.com/2013/04/17-gone-by-nova-ren-suma.htmlI managed to finish 17 & Gone given that it was so boring.The writing is great, though, but the stories are not.Lauren "sees" the ghosts of girls who have disappeared when they were seventeen. Some of them ran away, some were abducted, one was still alive. The story goes from girl to girl without lingering in one long enough to make me feel sorry for her.I feel that the book was trying to get to my soft side by saying things like "no girl - no missing girl, no runaway - deserves to be given up on, just like I wouldn't want anyone to give up on me." I found those type of lines cheesy.I didn't feel any thrill; I kept looking to see how many pages were left and how many more stories would be added! I guess that people who have had somebody missing will love the book because, unless you don't have a heart, you should feel sorry for missing girls. Which I do - feel sorry for missing girls, that is - but this book didn't evoke any of those feelings in me. I asked my sister what she thought of the book just to make sure that I wasn't being a total bitch, and she said that she found it boring too. Alas! Looks like we are still in-sync... now, if I could just get her to read Angelfall.... my work here would be done :-)