Lectus

Lectus

Iscariot
Tosca Lee
Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)
C.J. Roberts

Pushing the Limits

Pushing the Limits - Via http://onlectus.blogspot.com/2012/11/pushing-limits-by-katie-mcgarry.htmlThis book is too obvious! Cliché #1) Echo and Noah dislike each other. Echo thinks Noah is a jerk and Noah thinks Echo is frivolous and cold. 1+1 = 2.Cliché #2) Echo needs a job and Noah needs tutoring. 1+1 = 2.Cliché #3) Echo is beautiful and has a killing body but she thinks no guy is going to love her because of the scars on her arms.Cliché #4) Noah doesn’t flinch at the scars.Cliché #5) Echo hides her scars and one day decides to bare them. Everybody in the school laughs when they see her arms… really? In what State do high school kids do that? Not in New York!Should I keep going? Okay.Cliché #6) Echo doesn’t like her stepmother but at the end realizes she’s been wrong and makes peace with her.Cliché #7) Noah doesn’t do dating, proms, dances, etc. In fact, he’s never been in love and he plans to stay that way but…. After two talks with Echo he is in love.Cliché #8) Echo had an accident (thus the scars on her arms) and she can’t remember what happened but at the end she does.Cliché #9) Luke, Echo’s first boyfriend can’t handle her scars.Cliché #10) Echo has a dead brother. She can't cope with his death.Cliché #11) Beth, Noah’s friend is a bitch and she can’t stand Echo… for half of the book. Then she becomes her friend (or kind of). I believe book #2 has to do with Beht’s story.I’m going to stop here. Those are all the issues I have with the book. Should I say I hate clichés? Yet I gave the book 3-stars because Noah’s emotions are really powerful. In fact, his life is such an emotional rollercoaster that at one point, when he stopped acting tough, broke down and cried, my eyes actually watered! Yeap, that scene felt so real that almost made cry.I also like that McGarry acknowledges the weirdness of the name Echo and makes fun of it. Oh! And I almost forgot cliché #12) Noah is smoking hot! So they will make perfect babies :- )Definitely read it if you want to be swept away by romance.