Lectus

Lectus

Iscariot
Tosca Lee
Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)
C.J. Roberts

When She Woke

When She Woke - Hillary Jordan Hannah wakes up in prison with a different skin color: red. I like the concept of punishment that Jordan sets here. In the society where Hanna lives people who commit crimes are punished by changing the color of their skin so everybody can know what they did. So we have people with yellow, orange, blue and so forth skin color depending on their crime: robbery, murder, prostitution, etc.On that note, I think that child molesters should be punished the same way so parents know who they are and where they are and can keep children away from them. But I'm digressing. What crime did Hanna commit to deserve have her skin tainted read? For how long will she look like that? Very interesting in deed but I didn't like Jordan's writing style.When Hanna is released from prison with her new skin color she goes to this religious house where she is supposed to repent and be "cured". But the religious institution is just as bad as the evil they are supposed to extricate from the women housed there. This totally bothered me because 1) in a society so advanced as to mutate one skin's color, how can they still use religion like that? 2) I think that these two concepts do not work good together. I'd have preferred to read about Hanna being an outcast living on the streets than being involved in that religious fervor and fanaticism. At the beginning the book was powerful and Hanna seemed to be the same way, but then she turned out to be this docile innocent girl who had been done wrong. Seriously?I don't know how it ended because I couldn't keep up with all the cheesy love, resignation, guilt and manipulation.